Making change happen is a monumental task. How do you move people from passively hearing about a change initiative to actually believing in it—and even championing it with gusto?
Perhaps you’ve already invested an enormous amount of time, energy, and resources developing the perfect strategy for your organization only to fall short in deploying it. You’ve made the announcement, sent out the email, and waited for the fanfare…but nothing materialized.
Assuming people will snap to a new plan once they hear it is one reason 80% of strategies fail—no matter how well conceived the plan. To really sow the seeds of change, people need help making sense of the plan, connecting to it, and navigating points of ambiguity before they can jump on board.
This is where strategy activation comes in.
What is “Strategy Activation”?
Strategy activation is the art and science of persuading others to align around, engage with, and adopt new ways of working to achieve a shared vision.
For over 25 years, XPLANE has helped organizations large and small quickly diagnose the all-important starting point for change. This process engages employees and connects them to solutions and tactics that move them up the Activation Curve—from hearing a new strategy, to believing it, and ultimately, to living it.
Over years of building this core capability for our clients, we’ve developed an adaptable system that change makers can apply to any organization to move people to action. We’ve packaged this powerful methodology into our latest course Strategy Activation Bootcamp.
During Strategy Activation Bootcamp, skilled facilitators walk participants through the step-by-step process of constructing a strategy activation plan and share the tools and mindset needed to continue refining the plan as it unfolds.
Who should attend Strategy Activation Bootcamp?
Engaging for anyone helping make organizational change happen, Strategy Activation Bootcamp is particularly effective for the following people:
- Executive leaders responsible for enacting organizational strategy across large and complex organizations
- Strategy and management consultants supporting and/or facilitating clients through change initiatives
- People managers making sure their teams are contributing effectively to corporate strategy
- Transformation and learning professionals looking to equip and align teams toward effective collaboration
What kind of skills can you expect to learn?
Strategy Activation Bootcamp is designed with busy professionals in mind and covers a lot of ground in three short days. It’s a fast-paced course that balances expert instruction with hands-on practical application and peer-to-peer learning. Participants acquire the tools and knowledge to bring their strategies to life by aligning, equipping, and activating their people to adopt change.
The course explores a theory of change, a diagnostic tool to assess the efforts required, and a practical system to create change programs that stick.
By the end of Strategy Activation Bootcamp, you’ll be able to:
- Design a strategy activation plan for your organization
- Recognize and avoid the three most common reasons strategy activation fails
- Identify barriers to change and craft a plan to address them
- Engage employees in adopting change
You can download the Course Syllabus for a full description of learning objectives and course details, summarized here:
Day 1: Fundamentals of Strategy Activation & Envision
Define strategy activation and explore principles of modern organizational change. Align your navigation system and develop a measurement system.
Day 2: Discover & Design
Keep empathy at the center while analyzing stakeholders, identifying barriers to change, and drafting your activation plan.
Day 3: Execute
Put your insights to work to continuously adapt and refine your plan. Design a governance model and consider the role of effective leadership in modern organizations.
Is the Strategy Activation Bootcamp a series? Should I do the 101 Bootcamp before the 201 Bootcamp?
Yes, and yes! The Strategy Activation Bootcamp will be part of a series. The 201 level is currently in development and will be available early 2022.
To prepare for the 201 course, we highly recommend you take the 101 course before enrolling in the advanced 201 course. The 201 course assumes you have a 101-level base understanding.
How do I enroll?
Are you eligible for a discount?
We offer savings for groups of three or more, for educators, and for employees of nonprofits. Contact us for details.
To learn more about XPLANE’s activation thought leadership, check out the below resources:
- Webinar – Leading Change from the C-Suite: An Executive Toolkit to Lead Change and Transformation in Your Organization
- How to Design a Strategy Execution Plan
- Overcome Strategy Failure: Three Principles to Bring Your Strategy to Life
- The Secret to Bringing Your Strategy to Life
- Practical Tools to Design a Strategy Activation Plan
- Strategy Activation: From Plan to Action, Bring Your Strategy to Life