Welcome Emily Skaer!
We are thrilled to have Emily Skaer join our team as a studio designer in Portland. Originally from Michigan, Emily moved to Portland in 2009 and sta
We are thrilled to have Emily Skaer join our team as a studio designer in Portland. Originally from Michigan, Emily moved to Portland in 2009 and started her career working for a variety of local studios including FashionBuddah, Bent and Ommedia. At XPLANE she will do both 2D print and motion design work for clients. Allow us to introduce her by means of the following Q&A!
- What are three places you hope to travel to one day? Croatia, France, Brazil.
- Favorite beverage: Iced soy latte!
- What’s something interesting that people may not know about you? I used to play the drums.
- If your house was on fire and you could only grab three things, what would they be? My cats, chinchillas and my grandmother’s quilt.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be and why? A cat; they have an easy life. Or a puffin because they’re adorable!
- What is your best talent or skill outside of work? I’m an organization freak…and I love gardening.
- What is your favorite blog? Motionographer. Design*Sponge is darn good too.
- If you could go to dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would you choose? Blu (graphic artist), Wayne Coyne, my Nana.
- What is your greatest fear? Getting murdered. Pretty solid.
- What are three words used most to describe you? Caring. Direct. Artistic.