Interview with Annie Pomeranz, New Program Manager
Though born in “The Emerald City,” Annie grew up in The Biggest Little City in the World.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
- Though born in “The Emerald City,” I grew up in “The Biggest Little City in the World”.
- My last name means orange.
- I used to love cliff jumping into lakes/rivers/reservoirs/etc. when I was younger. If you ever get a chance to check out the Yuba River’s Emerald Pools, I highly recommend it!
- I helped co-pilot the winning craft in the Reno Hot Air Balloon Races of 2001.
- I’ve skied fresh powder on top of Mt. Hood on the 4th of July!
Your favorite vacation destination? Why?
Lake Tahoe, the crown jewel of the northern Sierra Mountains! I grew up swimming, skiing, hiking, biking, and climbing in the beautiful Sierras, and it is always my favorite place to vacation, any season of the year. My husband and I were even married on a rocky point along Lake Tahoe’s West Shore.
Three places you hope to travel/live to one day?
Bavarian Alps, Maldives, Amsterdam
What is one random fact about you that most people do not know?
I can still recite the introduction to The Canterbury Tales from my high school day as written in Middle English.
Do you have any special talents?
What is your most embarrassing album you have on your iPod that you listen to?
Bon Jovi, Blaze of Glory (I’m still a huge fan of Young Guns I and Young Guns II)
What is your Theme Song in life?
“What Is and What Should Never Be” by Led Zeppelin
- Cats or Dogs? Cats
- Summer or Winter? Autumn!
- Rain or Snow? Snow
- Water or snow sports? Snow
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee
- TV or books? Books
What TV show(s) can you not go a week without watching?
House of Cards
Who is your doppelganger?
Debra Winger, circa 1980 Urban Cowboy
Have you ever met a celebrity and who?
Yes, Larry David